Re: How much does a dino weigh?

<You can calculate/guesstimate the weight of an organism, from the depth of
its trackway. Lots of integral calculus occurs here, and you need a
topographic map of the animal. You need to know the sediment compaction
rate/time, as well as the sedimentology/mineralogy,
porosity and permeability, and grain shape. Some things are standards. Grind
and chug. Estimation of organism weight comes out at the end. We do it with
inverts.>

Wonderful!
This might also be a way to confirm the physical model guesstimates, with no
need to surprise crocs with tape measures like a nervous tailor or hoist
them into hammocks hung from the scales of justice.
(Can I watch?)
I'm assuming that you know the trackmaker's species and your trackway is
long enough to allow you to measure stride.  Particularly for 4 footed
beasties, the stride should  produce an estimate of at least some of the
dimensions of their bodies.  If you ratioed an estimate from a model to the
size of the animal whose weight you've been able to estimate and whose
stride you've measured, you'd be able to come up with a documented amount of
error.
Of course, individuals vary, so you'd need a lot of different examples to
produce a standard error from the physical model, but this certainly sounds
like a productive approach.
What'd I miss?

I did guess your expertise from your observations.  As Sherlock puts it:
<... As to your practice, if a gentleman walks into my rooms  smelling of
iodoform, with a black mark of nitrate of silver upon his right  forefinger,
and a bulge on the right side of his top-hat to show where he has secreted
his stethoscope, I must be dull, indeed, if I do not pronounce him to be an
active member of the medical profession.">
Your vocabulary and your own two hats have named you.
I do wonder about Watson's darkened right forefinger.  From the Columbia
Encyclopedia:
<It [silver nitrate] is used in medicine in the treatment of eye infections
and gonorrhea. Fused silver nitrate is also called lunar caustic. Taken
internally silver nitrate is a poison. It is prepared by reaction of nitric
acid with silver, and purified by recrystallization. It is darkened by
sunlight or contact with organic matter such as the skin.>
Interesting practice.
Guess this may remain Watson's private Sumatra Rat.