Re: TYRANNOSAURIAN IMPLOSION [long; part 2 of 2]

Thank you for this information!!!

> Tarbosaurus efremovi occurs in several Asiatic horizons, but Tarbosaurus
> bataar is known only from the Nemegt Formation, where it was sympatric
with
> Tarbosaurus efremovi, and from the Quiba Formation of Henan Province,
China,

Impossible. Quiba can't exist in Chinese. It is probably either Quba, Qiba
or Quyiba, but the latter is highly improbable as it has 3 syllables. IMHO,
Qiba is most likely, but I don't know the name. :-)

> Finally, the genus Chingkankousaurus from the
> Wangshih Formation (Maastrichtian?) of Shandong, China,

Wangshi in Pinyin transcription which is officially considered
orthographically correct.

> Stokesosaurus clevelandi from the Late Jurassic Morrison Formation has
been
> described in several papers as a candidate for tyrannosaurian ancestry.
The
> material is pretty meager but nonetheless suggestive. The holotype ilium
has
> a tyrannosaurian shape and a prominent supraacetabular ridge, but a
referred
> premaxilla does not have characteristic tyrannosaurian teeth. Dan Chure
> (pers. comm.) has found Aublysodon-like teeth in the Morrison, so perhaps
> these are actually Stokesosaurus teeth and the premaxilla is incorrectly
> referred (assuming Stokesosaurus is indeed tyrannosaurian).

Any comments about *Iliosuchus*?

> The
> apparent lack of any non-tyrannosaurid theropods in post-Santonian western
> North America suggests that tyrannosaurids there passed through several
> different predator niches as they grew from hatchlings to large adults.
Asia
> had a more diverse theropod fauna, including large non-tyrannosaurid
> theropods, so the ecological role of tyrannosaurids there is less easily
> understood.

Which other large theropods? (excluding ornithomimosaurs and, however,
segnosaurs which occupied different niches)