Re: TYRANNOSAURIAN IMPLOSION [long; part 2 of 2]

In a message dated 1/29/01 4:58:37 AM EST, David.Marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< Any comments about *Iliosuchus*? >>

It has been some time since I looked at pictures of the Iliosuchus ilia. I
would say they belong to immature -- perhaps even >very< immature (it's quite
small) -- theropods similar to Stokesosaurus. Might be Middle Jurassic
tyrannosaurians, but there's too much missing from the specimens to venture
any firmer classification; they could also be like ilia of some
"megalosaurids" or other kinds of carnosaur-like theropods, such as
Piatnitzkysaurus (which has a weak supraacetabular crest). The ilia don't
have the characteristic tyrannosaurid ventral shelves, either (which, of
course, might be ontogenetic).