RE: Invalid names (was RE: Physiological Adaptations of the Dinosauria (long))

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Dinogeorge@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 1:16 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Invalid names (was RE: Physiological Adaptations of the
Dinosauria (long))

In a message dated 1/29/01 12:18:06 PM EST, tholtz@geol.umd.edu writes:

<< the author has not (to anyone's knoweldge) ever studied the matierial in
person; >>

I'm pretty sure he has. But that doesn't make much difference in this
situation, I think.

>From the gist that I get from him, he is using the long dead Powell, Welles
paper and 'fixing' it up. Years ago I talked to a student that was working
with Powell and she told me that he dropped the monograph, mainly because he
was s splitter and Welles is a lumper (or was it the other way around?).
Tracy