Avimimus skull

I've always considered Avimimus a close relative of the oviraptorosaurians, maybe even a basal or highly derived member. One thing i've noticed is that it's skull is always reconstructed with huge external nares and either an absent or reduced antorbital fenestra. Is it possible that it was the other way around? Maybe it's skull resembled that of Oviraptor philoceratops (where the antorbital fossa contacts the frontal), or a caenagnathid. Any thoughts on the correct way to reconstruct this critters skull?

Here's my quick sketch of A. portentosus with an Oviraptorid-like skull: