Re: Coelophysis *feathers*???

To: Rob Gay

hmmmmm...Osteoderms are reported for both Ceratosaurus nasicornis and Carnotaurus sastrei, so what makes you think other ceratosaurs which have a relatively close common ancestor would have feathers? I thought the AC 1/7 tracks were shown to be plant matter dragged across mud....or some other material. Besides, Sinosauropteryx already shows very primitive "feathers" (they look more like hairs to me), so i'd bet true feathers show up later on.