Re: [Fw: Physiological Adaptations of the Dinosauria (long)]

> Date: 29 Jan 2001 13:13:08 EST
> From: archosaur@usa.net
>
> One of my favourite examples is that of _Palmatogecko rangei_ which
> lives in the coastal Namib Desert and hunts its prey at night when
> Atlantic winds chill the place to 4 degrees C. Yet in such harse
> extremes these little buggers are actively moving about (not only
> that, but they only come out when it gets cool). They are hardly
> gigantothermic either since they max out at 4 inches and have
> translucent skin. If any animal was ever deserving of a
> physiological study, it's these guys.

Wow.  So what is the orthodox explanation for this critter?
Presumably there's been _some_ kind of study?

)_v__/\  "Out of all of the people that ever knew, there should have
         been one I could believe in -- and it should have been you" --
         The Waterboys, "It Should Have Been You"

P.S.  Many thanks once more to everyone who's contributed to my
"Choosing 26 Genera" thread, which (like most discussions here) has
mushroomed way beyong what I intended or expected.  I'm still
following up various sub-threads with the individuals concerned, but I
am sure that the project as a whole will benefit enormously from the
feedback of you knowledgeable types!