Re: Nomena Nuda Wagneri

znc14@TTACS.TTU.EDU wrote:

>         Interestingly, this reply was sent at 11:33 EST,, while the
> initial posting was made at 10:15 EST. This datum, coupled with Josh's
> writing speed (evidenced by the near identity of his SVP and GSA
> abstracts, despite the time difference between abstract deadlines), which
> suggests that the entire 18 minute spread was spent composing the
> above reply, culimnate in the conclusion that Josh spends his day waiting
> by the computer for new e-mail.
>         In that time, I, on the other hand, measured four
> hadrosaur metacarpals for my thesis, demonstrated the morphology of the
> hadrosaur manus I just finished prepping to several non-scientists who
> were gracious enough to act impressed, spent four minutes fretting about
> the lecture I have to give my Physical class, and avoided filing about
> forty USGS topographic maps and some USGS reports. Not to mention that I
> was not developing the lab web page like I was supposed to.
>         So I just spent ten minutes proving Josh wrong. It isn't that I
> need a job, I have three (plus my thesis). It's that I need to DO my job,
> and stop #@*&$#*(&ing around on e-mail! :)
>
>         Wagner

    OH well, in that case I stand corrected and bow to the might and wonder of
the superhuman graduate machine that is Wagner.  My GSA and SVP abstract were
quite similar because A, I figured it would take more than one time around for
you to get it (after all I did mention rocks in there a bit and there wasn't a
single cladogram) and B, academics today are obviously concerned with only
numbers and not at all content in presentations because even a schmuck like you
managed to con someone into letting you study with them....   so bite me....

    we better take this off-line now because I am sure I am going to need a
flack vest for this next response...and Mary is just waiting for the chance to
yell at us...

> P.S. Hi Josh! What's up? Remember no to lightsaber Jerry too hard, he's
> the peaceful kind of Jedi.

Jerry isn't here anymore, Jon.  I killed him and am using his skin as wind
shield for Egypt.  He just made one too many damn origami ceratopsians.....UHG.

Nothing is up at all, except simultaneously trying to describe this stupid
sauropod (WHY couldn't I have found a theropod...?), plan the next Egypt trip,
and finish my dissertation.....UHG.

--
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania