Re: Cladistics algorithm?

Can anyone supply the algorithm (or algorithms) that are used for
cladistic analysis?

Use the program PAUP, or MacClade - I'm not sure of what others that people use.

By way of further clarification or to confuse it even more (depending on how you view this), there are, apparently, a number of "black box" softwares that contain such an algorithm and into which aspiring cladists can pump very statistics to receive an analysis. What goes on in that black box?

You have opened a can of worms. Those are gooey inverts that leave pretty squish marks in the Vendian time, and in Mazon Creek material. I am leaving the building......

Slainte'
Marilyn W.
--
                                =00=  =00=  =00=  =00=