Re: Cladistics algorithm?

Thanks for this... and...

Marilyn Wegweiser wrote:

> >Can anyone supply the algorithm (or algorithms) that are used for
> >cladistic analysis?
>
> Use the program PAUP, or MacClade - I'm not sure of what others that
> people use.

What, exactly, goes on inside that software?

What numbers does it crunch and... how?

ES

Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette - When you think of dinosaurs, think of DIG!
Recommended by National Education Association, Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member

of The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer
A Yahooligans choice.