Re: Cladistics algorithm?

At 1:11 PM -0500 01/31/2001, Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette wrote:
Thanks for this... and...

Marilyn Wegweiser wrote:

 >Can anyone supply the algorithm (or algorithms) that are used for
 >cladistic analysis?

 Use the program PAUP, or MacClade - I'm not sure of what others that
 people use.

What, exactly, goes on inside that software?

What numbers does it crunch and... how?

ES

SORRY! (wired)

I am Most Definitely Forgetting that many of you do not know that I am an incurable smarta** at times- I must then:

The algorithm is just a matrix. . . see any good Calculus/Analytical Geometry book and if I am not mistaken you may/will want to read the chapter on Infinite Series...... take some pain killer with you. ;^)

Cheers!
Marilyn
--
                                =00=  =00=  =00=  =00=