From: ekaterina amalitzkaya [mailto:eamalitz@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday May 31, 2001 4:55 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: destruction of fossils

The fate of Ernst Stromer's finds suggests that some concerted action should

be taken by paleotologists and countries to prevent destruction of the
fossils in wars that will be fought in the future. Given that at when these
wars are foughts the current alliances and boundaries of the countries may
be different, the fossils should get some redcross like status. On the
occassion of war they should be shifted to a neutral territory and such
transportation vehicles should not be attacked at any cost. There may be
very many variants on this but is there any unified resolution on this
matter on part of the professionals??

I would like to know if yes?
Thanks
EA