From: Ilja Nieuwland [mailto:ilja@mac.com]
Sent: Friday June 01, 2001 8:01 AM
To: BartlemaL@emh10.bliss.army.mil
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: destruction of fossils

Of course, it remains to be seen how high that will be on the list of
priorities should any actual fighting occur, especially when adversaries
know that they're supposed to be safe within museums, etc. I'm skeptical
about such rules. Generally, I think it's pretty much impossible to
anticipate and counteract the kind of destruction that took place in
central Europe in WW2. Let's not do that again and we'll all be fine...

Ilja