RE: Coelurus a maniraptoran (for how long?)

> From: Ken Kinman [mailto:kinman@hotmail.com]
>

> Why has
> Neocoelurosauria fallen out of usage when it seems to have a far
> more stable
> content than Maniraptora or Maniraptoriformes?  Has Neocoelurosauria been
> cladistically defined?

This is what happens when you treat the web as it were really literature...
Neocoelurosauria is not part of the scientific nomenclature, and is simply
proposed on a website.

> If I sound a little aggravated, I
> am---but just wait
> until BANDits start in on PhyloCode when it is implemented.  That's when
> things are really going to hit the fan, and my complaints will
> seem bland in
> comparison.

Except, of course, that it's all gone on before and was over with in the
1980s.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742