Re: Theropod ears

henri.ronkko@kolumbus.fi wrote:

> I'm looking for detailed information on the structure of the
> theropod ear. I could also use text about the ears of birds, as
> birds are living = members of this deceased clade.

If you want to go deeper into the ear than Ralph Miller's response
did, you might want to look at:

http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1999Apr/msg00700.html

and the reference therein.  Said reference describes a cranial
endocast from an _Allosaurus_, and the cast includes the semi-circular
canals.  The summary that was on the web is gone (i.e., the link in
the message whose URL I just gave you is dead), but you should be able
to get a hold of the original article...

--
Mickey Rowe     (rowe@psych.ucsb.edu)