Re: Response I

Many thanks to David M. (for the highly accurate info) and Tim W.(for making fun of my message - I'll get my revenge, just you wait...!!!)

:-D  :-D

Zoe

> Can anyone provide me with a date for the Chicxulub Crater?

64.98 +- 0.05 million years. Dated by the uranium/lead ratio in zircon
crystals.

> How  close was it to the faunal exctinction?

Due to lack of zircon crystals, the extinction can't be dated that
exactly... the usual date of 65 million years fits the crater age exactly
enough, however.