Re: Breviparopus

The Argentinean sauropod discovered just over a year ago is estimated to be
longer at about 167ft. (don't know its name or if it has been downsized
since then). Its weight is speculative and wonder if it will end up being
more than what's estimated for _Argentinosaurus_. If so, then it will usurp
the title of largest sauropod ever discovered. AFAIK, Breviparopus is known
only from footprints but may represent a species already discovered since,
or an adult individual of a species already documented. It is very
difficult to ascertain what species (or genus for that matter) a specific
group of footprints represent. IIRC, wasn't the largest vertebra ever known
to exist (and since lost...) belong to Amphicoelias? (sp.?) I distinctly
remember its length (extrapolated from the vertebra) to be estimated at
200ft...

The largest known theropods, _Carcharodontosaurus_, _Giganotosaurus_ and
the new slightly larger Argentinean find, are very close to the theoretical
maximums bipedal creatures can attain in size, from what I've read.
Anything larger would not produce an efficient-enough killing design.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.