Re: Science Friday on _Paralititan stromeri_

MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:

> The NPR Science Friday (Talk of the Nation) program about _Paralititan
> stromeri_   is on the website at:
> http://www.npr.org/programs/totn/
> Look for the June 1 program.  Alas, the interviewee is not Josh Smith, but
> Kenneth Lacovara, Professor, Engineering Geology at Drexel University.
> Nevertheless, the interview is a lively one and includes some good
> information about the find and the dig.  After _Paralititan stromeri_ is
> studied, it will return to Egypt for display.

Both Ken and Matt Lamanna (third and second authors on the article,
respectively) will show up occasionally in these sorts of things.  Matt spent
months of his life sorting out the systematics of this beast and Ken was the
progenitor of the mangrove hypothesis.  Ken sat in for me on Friday on the
NPR thing.  I still haven't heard the bloody thing.

--
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania