re:Parilititan pronunciation

Ray Stanford wrote:

<<As finder of this great beast
and primary author of the paper describing this important animal, you -- or
so it seems to me -- are the one to whom we must turn for the preferred name
pronunciation, regardless of how the ancient Greeks or, later, Romans, in
turn, might have pronounced, e.g.,  the "titan" part.>>

I'm italian and I pronounce names as Romans did

...it sounds like << there are still 60*10^6 people using a strictly latin-derived language, but it's as if they're dead as their language>> it doesn't sounds friendly ,does it?

You create the name, you want it spelled one way and others have to follow your way even if it's wrong..interesting;[note:this is directed to Mr.Stanford]

<< Pronunciation changes
with time and demographic distribution, even when primary meaning is
retained. >>

Last time I checked pronunciations rules were still the same;they haven't changed for two thousand years and now you come up and say that they may change....mh, ok
I'm sorry first scientists knew latin pronunciation rules better than you do, but this is not a good reason to say that people who still (for one reason or another) know how to read it have to change because of this.
Create new names using English, if you feel and i will pronounce it the way you want it to be read, but if  you use latin or greek, then you should read it correctly.(not a moral duty, sure)

 <<It is the meaning that is important here, and, IMHO, you and your
team have used it with descriptive beauty and even poetic power.>>

apart from poetry, whose role in nomenclature, -sad to say- is not that important,if a name as it's written is to be read one way I don't understand  why I should read it another way only because you want me to do so.

It seems like I've said i hate the name: I NEVER SAID IT!!

Filippo "i'm sorry I'm Italian" Calzolari