Re: Response II

In a message dated 6/3/01 12:33:21 PM EST, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< OOC, what happens if I write "there's no evidence that this was not the
case
 either"? Are e. g. marine sediments from the relevant parts of Alaska and/or
 eastern Siberia known? >>

Considering that much of North America was flooded at the time, and likewise
much of Asia, I can't see how the Bering land bridge escaped being flooded as
well. But who knows. The region is pretty inaccessible, and I haven't been
able to find any geological studies of the area in the literature yet (though
I haven't searched very assiduously, either).