Re: Response II

> Your theory also implies that the tyrannosaur migration was a sudden
event,
> with whole populations moving "en bloc" to the new environment (more like
an
> evacuation than a migration).  If this trans-Bering tyrannosaur invasion
did
> happen, it was probably very slow (taking many thousands of years) and
> probably occurred via the steady westward expansion of existing
tyrannosaur
> populations.

I'd add to this that if T-rexes came in Asia, eating hadrosaurs, there might
have been a certain proportions between predators and preys.
T-rexes, less hadrosaurs, less food for t-rex and for chicks, less t-rexes,
so more hadrosaurs, and then more t-rexes...
It's just ecological law I think!
But I'm a brand new paleoartist and I don't know much about the remains in
those places...

Friendly,
                 Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY aspidel@infonie.be