re:Paralititan pronunciation

Ray Stanford (dinotracker@earthlink.net) wrote:

<I recently heard my fellow Texan, Dan Rather, pronounce the
same foreign name at least three different ways during a single
evening news broadcast! What would he do with Piatnitzkysaurus
floresi?  :)>

  There are a great many names prevalent in dinosaur lit that
require some skill and specific knowledge to unwind:

  Recently, the new carnotaurine *Ilokelesia* has been described
and joins the ranks of other native names like *Megaraptor
mamunquaihuii* (species name here), Brazilian pterosaurs like
*Anhanguera*, *Tupuxuara*, *Tapejara*, etc. Other names, like
*Einiosaurus*, require knowing Blackfoot pronounciation.
*Phuwiangosaurus* is an odd name in Thai, but as any Japanese or
Chinese linguist will tell you, it's not a simple matter to
pronounce *Fukuiraptor* or *Tsintaosaurus*....

=====
Jaime A. Headden