Re: Linguistic and Biological Systematics

I hate to be OT, but Modern Greek is closer to ancient Greek than Latin is
the Romance languages. Greek has undergone myriad alterations from
classical
times (as classical Greek has from archaic/heroic times), but remarkably
retained many linguistic characters from its past despite foreign adoptions
and
the natural course of its evolution.

Does anyone know which of these two languages (Greek and Latin) is
predominant
in paleontological nomenclature?