Fwd: Linguistic and Biological Systematics

--- Begin Message ---
In a message dated 6/4/01 1:41:08 PM EST, Apollo@MLink.net writes:

<< I hate to be OT, but Modern Greek is closer to ancient Greek than Latin is
 the Romance languages. Greek has undergone myriad alterations from classical
 times (as classical Greek has from archaic/heroic times), but remarkably
 retained many linguistic characters from its past despite foreign adoptions
and
 the natural course of its evolution. >>

So modern Greek >is< the same species as ancient Greek...or no? My knowledge
of Greek is strictly pedestrian.

--- End Message ---