RE: Paralititan pronunciation

 Paralotitan sounds greater and more plausible (or more familiar?) than
paralititan, at least to me, and I suppose, to the people who speak a
latin/greek (Portuguese is more latin than greek) language.
Using the word paralotitan is etymology is clearer...IMHO.

Duarte M.P. Soares - Geology student
 Museu Nacional de História Natural - Secção de Paleontologia,
 Rua da Escola Politécnica, 58.
 1250-102 LISBOA. PORTUGAL
 Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa
 Departamento de Geologia

Josh Smith Sent: Terça-feira, 5 de Junho de 2001 0:05

NJPharris@aol.com wrote:

> The question of how the name would have been pronounced in Classical
> Greek is
> sticky.  For starters, it's not quite exactly a Greek compound.  The
> connector vowel for Greek compounds is -o-, not -i- as in Latin;
> hence,
> paral-O-titan (sorry, Josh).

No biggy, but interesting as the people I checked with said it was i.

--
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania