Re: "reticulation" (in metazoans)

----- Original Message -----
From: David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>
> Assuming Metaphyta are the multicellular plants (are they?), chloroplasts
> have transferred themselves much earlier, into a common ancestor of green
> algae (including plants), red algae and glaucophytes (a few odd
unicellular
> species whose chloroplasts retain the bacterial cell wall).
(I think you mean _cyanobacteriae_).

No, cyanobacteriae are prokaryotes with chlorophyl, they contain neither a
real nucleus, nor chloroplasts, but they are quite relative to...
chloroplasts.

> And then
> unicellular green algae got into euglenids and unicellular red algae into
e.
> g. the common ancestor of yellow, brown, and golden algae and diatoms --
> secondary endosymbiosis. Tertiary endosymbiosis is also known, and I have
> even heard rumors of eightfold endosymbiosis!!!

(I don't know)

In fact, all eukaryotes plants get chloroplasts, and euglenids too.

Friendly,
                Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY aspidel@infonie.be