Re: "reticulation" (in metazoans)

> > Assuming Metaphyta are the multicellular plants (are they?),
chloroplasts
> > have transferred themselves much earlier, into a common ancestor of
green
> > algae (including plants), red algae and glaucophytes (a few odd
> unicellular
> > species whose chloroplasts retain the bacterial cell wall).
> (I think you mean _cyanobacteriae_).

Though both names include words for "blue-green", glaucophytes are not
cyanobacteria*, but eukaryotes.

* 1 bacterium, 2 bacteria, according to Latin grammar at least

> No, cyanobacteriae are prokaryotes with chlorophyl, they contain neither a
> real nucleus, nor chloroplasts, but they are quite relative to...
> chloroplasts.

yep

> In fact, all [photosynthetisizing] eukaryotes [...] get chloroplasts, and
euglenids too.

Sure. What is interesting here is e. g. that the "chloroplasts" of euglenids
are actually complete (though reduced) green algae that contain
chloroplasts, and that the photosynthesizing eukaryotes don't form an
exclusive clade.

I suggest to go offlist on this, my conscience plagues me for cluttering up
the dinosaur list with such stuff...

:-)