Re: Losillasaurus giganteus, a new Spanish sauropod

> Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:51:49 +0200
> From: jigruiz@posta.unizar.es
>
> The holotype is a complete anterior caudal vertebra, with a total
> height (centrum + neural arch) of 72 cm.  The humerus length is 143
> cm.

This is _big_.  Paralititan's humerus is 169cm (according to the BBC
report -- sources differ) which is less that 20% bigger than the new
diplodocoid.  But we know that the latter is sub-adult.  Anyone know
if we can estimate what proportion of adult size it had reached?

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor - <mike@miketaylor.org.uk> - www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "When I changed the useit.com home page to include a search
         box instead of a link, search engine use increased by 91%" -
         Jakob Nielsen.