Re: Losillasaurus giganteus, a new Spanish sauropod

In a message dated 6/7/01 11:25:48 AM EST, mike@tecc.co.uk writes:

<< This is _big_.  Paralititan's humerus is 169cm (according to the BBC
 report -- sources differ) which is less that 20% bigger than the new
 diplodocoid.  But we know that the latter is sub-adult.  Anyone know
 if we can estimate what proportion of adult size it had reached? >>

It might even be bigger than it looks, if it's built like a diplodocid as
seems to be the case. Diplodocids had relatively short forelimbs.