From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Mickey_Mortimer
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 6:29 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Digit Loss

Tracy Ford wrote-

> I've done some research on this. Tarbosaurus, Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus,
> Daspletosaurus all have humerus/femur ration as 1/4. In Tyrannosaurus it
is
> 1/3, thus a larger arm in relation to body.

My data says (humerofemoral ratios)-
Gorgosaurus librartus (CMN 2120) 31%
juvenile Gorgosaurus libratus (AMNH 5664) 29%
Daspletosaurus torosus (CMN 8506) 38%
juvenile Tyrannosaurus? bataar (IVPP V4878) ~33%
Tyrannosaurus rex (CMN 9380) 28%

It looks to me that Tyrannosaurus rex has shorter forelimbs than other
species.  What specimens are you using to support your statement?

Mickey Mortimer