Re: Phytodinosauria status

> In a message dated 6/8/01 2:03:54 PM EST, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:
>
> << Mmm... did I say that? ~:-| I didn't mean to, anyway. I wanted to say
that,
>  as others have mentioned, a four-legged climber that begins to jump and
>  glide should end up with either no extremities (*Draco volans*,
>  Weigeltisauridae, Kuehneosauridae) or all (all gliding mammals; bats)
>  involved in the wings. >>
>
> "Should"? As in "inevitably"? Are you kidding? How about pterosaurs?

Hmm... all examples I know of have ended up this way. I'm not sure that
pterosaurs descended from four-legged climbers (even the Pterosaur Home
Page, which puts pterosaurs in Prolacertiformes, disagrees, IIRC), and even
if -- *Sordes* and AFAIK others have a cruropatagium, and in *Pterodactylus*
the brachiopatagia insert on the femur, totally unlike birds.