Re: Phytodinosauria status (and digit loss, and...)

In a message dated 6/9/01 4:33:11 AM EST, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< A running start? I haven't understood much of BCF -- so far I thought it
 didn't include a ground-up scenario? >>

Even arboreal animals become grounded at times. Once some kind of wing
evolved, I see no reason that a grounded dinobird wouldn't use its legs for
takeoff assistance. And having such legs would make transition to a
permanently cursorial lifestyle that much easier (which is why we have all
those theropods).