Re: Digit Loss (kiwis and tyrannosaurs)

In a message dated 6/9/01 1:38:18 PM EST, dbensen@gotnet.net writes:

<< Just because B follows A does not mean that A and B are casually related.
Every year the Himalayas are taller, and my computer is slower, but neither
of these
 instances has anything to do with the other.  Time passed and certain
lineages
 of dinosaurs lost fingers, but these two instances need not be casually
related
 either. >>

I didn't say that. I said "explanation that provides a relationship between a
cause and an effect." There is no cause-and-effect relationship between the
Himalayas and your computer, so your example is not relevant here.