Re: ORNITHISCHIANS :-)

In a message dated 6/10/01 2:42:36 AM EST, Tetanurae@aol.com writes:

<< Also, there are seven premaxillary teeth in thyreophores ancestorally,
instead of the six basal to ornithischia.>>

Too bad we don't have a Scutellosaurus premax; that might help to settle this
question. Meanwhile, I think Huayangosaurus and Gargoyleosaurus added a
premax tooth independently. AFAIK these are the only known "thyreophorans"
that have the extra tooth. There's not a shred of a stegosaurian apomorphy in
Scutellosaurus, which is ankylosaurian all the way.

<< I am genuinely curious about the apparently "major" synapomorphies that
Geoge  has demonstrating that stegosaurs are closer to ceraopods than to
ankylosaurus. >>

In due time, in due time.