Re: Digit loss

> Perhaps because
> the manus was not all that functional as a grasping organ from the start.
> Are tyranosaur digits opposable??? I don`t believe I`ve seen them pictured
> that way.

Yes, they are opposable to a certain degree. All tyrannosauroids for which
hands are known were capable of holding _something_ (whatever that was) in a
hand, even though it appears that they didn't do that very often. Also,
finger II was longer than the thumb, which is not shown in any tyrannosaur
picture I know.