RE: ornithischian classification (modified; more detailed)

>Also wondering if
> Jeholosaurus and Echinodon are part of this thyreophoran mess or if one or
> both of them split off just basal to it (so I didn't put  those two in
yet).

I don't think that Echinodon is a Thyreophora, I suspect that Echinodon is a
Heterodontosaurids.

I talked to Peter Galton about this recently and if I remember correctly he
said it's more like a heterodontosaurid than not. Also, he's still trying to
get the Fruita material to finish this study of that.

IMHO Stegosaurids and ankylosaurids are not related. Scelidosaurus IS an
ankylosaur. Just because they have plates doesn't mean they are related.

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074