Best skulls for artistic reference

Recently I was comparing the various _T.rex_ mounts and skulls that I've been
able to see and photograph in person, and of course there are some obvious
distortions in some of them and variance in some aspects. From what I've read,
"Stan" is probably the best skull from which to reference for drawing; would
that be the consensus among the DML members?

Also, what are some things that I might look for in skeletal mounts and skulls
to determine and correct (in my drawings) distortion? Is it usually a matter of
referencing as many samples as possible to find commonality?

Certain that I could have worded things better,

Chris Srnka