Creating a future fossil

I give paleo lectures at grammer schools to first, second and third graders.
Yesterday I made the unfortunate discovery of a dead lizard in my house that my
cat probably brought in and thought it would be an exciting experiment at one
of the lectures to have the kids create a future fossil, something like sealing
the lizard in plaster of paris and burying it.  Anyone have any idea if plaster
of paris would be good for this sort of thing or have a suggestion on something
better?  Please respond off-list and thanks.

Donna Handforth