Re: Worst Dinosaur Movie ever and why?

At 12.51 12/06/01 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette wrote:
>
>> Over on that "other" list (you know, vertebrate paleo), there's a little
>> discussion simmering about the worst dinosaur movie ever.

Many years ago I saw few minutes (couldn't resist more) of a movie vaguely
based on E. R. Burroughs' (that of Tarzan) Pellucidar underground realm in
which the usual team of scientists and other heroes meet cruel flying
humanoids that evolved from ... rhamphorhynchoid pterosaurs!
Unfortunately I did not remember the title. It seems to me it was an
English production dated to the Sixties, but I'm not sure. If someone
remembers the title I will be grateful to know.

Maybe a little off-topic but I can't resist quoting also Gamera, a giant
flying turtle (really interesting concept!!),  star of some "Z" movies
produced presumably by Hishiro Honda, the father of Godzilla. It was a good
hearted guy and having once to save some children in danger it kept them in
his mouth and flew away , with the children looking to the panorama trough
the eyes of the monster like from a jet window!!

Maybe I'm romantic, but to me these old silly movies were somewhat "naive"
and MUCH more enjoyable (?) than new Carnosaur and other splatteries...

                                        Silvio Renesto

-

"Before being enlightened,   hard work; after enlightenment, hard work"
(Guo Yunshen).

Dr. Silvio Renesto
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Università degli Studi di Milano
via Mangiagalli 34
I 20133 Milano
Italy

phone +39-0223698232
fax  +39-02-70638261
e-mail:    renesto@mailserver.unimi.it
or/and     Silvio.Renesto@unimi.it
Have a look at our Late Triassic site at:
http://users.unimi.it/vertpal/index.htm