From: Silvio Renesto [mailto:renesto@mailserver.unimi.it]\par
Sent: mercredi 13 juin 2001 09:44\par
To: dinosaur@usc.edu\par
Subject: Re: Worst Dinosaur Movie ever and why?\par
\par
At 12.51 12/06/01 -0400, you wrote:\par
>On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette wrote:\par
>\par
>> Over on that "other" list (you know, vertebrate paleo), there's a little\par
>> discussion simmering about the worst dinosaur movie ever.\par
>>\par
 \par
Many years ago I saw few minutes (couldn't resist more) of a movie vaguely\par
based on E. R. Burroughs' (that of Tarzan) Pellucidar underground realm in\par
which the usual team of scientists and other heroes meet cruel flying\par
humanoids that evolved from ... rhamphorhynchoid pterosaurs!\par
Unfortunately I did not remember the title. It seems to me it was an\par
English production dated to the Sixties, but I'm not sure. If someone\par
remembers the title I will be grateful to know.\par
\par
Maybe a little off-topic but I can't resist quoting also Gamera, a giant\par
flying turtle (really interesting concept!!),  star of some "Z" movies\par
produced presumably by Hishiro Honda, the father of Godzilla. It was a good\par
hearted guy and having once to save some children in danger it kept them in\par
his mouth and flew away , with the children looking to the panorama trough\par
the eyes of the monster like from a jet window!!\par
\par
Maybe I'm romantic, but to me these old silly movies were somewhat "naive"\par
and MUCH more enjoyable (?) than new Carnosaur and other splatteries...\par
\par
\tab \tab \tab \tab \tab Silvio Renesto\par
\par
\par
\par
-\par
\par
"Before being enlightened,   hard work; after enlightenment, hard work"\par
(Guo Yunshen).\par
\par
Dr. Silvio Renesto\par
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra\par
Universit\'e0 degli Studi di Milano\par
via Mangiagalli 34\par
I 20133 Milano\par
Italy\par
\par
phone +39-0223698232\par
fax  +39-02-70638261\par
e-mail:    renesto@mailserver.unimi.it\par
or/and     Silvio.Renesto@unimi.it\par
Have a look at our Late Triassic site at:\par
http://users.unimi.it/vertpal/index.htm\par
\par
\par
\par