Re: Size limits

I would like to know if you think that Argentinosaurus reached the upper size limit for a terrestrial animal or if we can expect finds of even bigger species in
the future?
AFAIK someone calculated a theoretical limit for quadrupedal land animals at 140 t because then the legs have to be so thick that they touch. BTW, I don't believe the 100-t-estimate for Argentinosaurus -- Brachiosaurus has been credited with serious estimates between 15 and 75 t, for example; I prefer the former estimate, because most titanosauriforms had more air than bone in their vertebrae and must have had large air sacs.