Re: news from dino central

Thomas Holtz wrote-

> Looking forward to it.  Also, as the only person (to my knowledge) to run
> _Nedcolbertia_ through the phylogenetic wringer, it does come out as
closer
> to maniraptoriforms than does _Sinosauropteryx_, so feathers are very much
> justified!

I've also included Nedcolbertia in my coelurosaur analysis, but my results
are not as clear as Tom's.  It's always more derived than tyrannosauroids
and less derived than (Bagaraatan + Protarchaeopteryx + oviraptorosaurs +
segnosaurs + paravians), but besides that, it varies wildly.  Latest run
says-
(Tyrann (Nedcolb (Ornithol (Compsog ((Coelur, Scipio) (Ornithom (Nqweb,
others))))))).

Mickey Mortimer