Re: [Dinosaur child care]

Jan Grönvik <jan.gronvik@telia.com> wrote:

> Someone suggested that some dinosaur babies clung on to their parents or
lived in a pouch. Is this a realistic view?

> Jan Grönvik
>
> jan.gronvik@telia.com

I don't think so; it seems more like trying to make dinosaurs more mammalian.

Scientifically I know of no way of testing for that; extant anurans are known
to hold their babies in their mouths for protection, transportation and
moisture, but AFAIK there is no osteological markers for an animal that holds
its young in a fleshy pouch (how many of us would have thought crocs did it if
all we had was bones).

Jura

The Reptipage: A site devoted to the study of and education on, the reptilia:

http://reptilis.net