Two new birds and other China stuff

From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org
Two new birds and other China stuff

The first-half-of-March 2001 issue of Kexue Tongbao 46(5):
371-377 (Chinese version of Chinese Science Bulletin)
described two new birds from the Liaoning region: Yanornis
martini and Yixianornis graubaui. Unfortunately I can't
get the Chinese Science Bulletin web page to display the
Chinese characters properly to decipher the authors, the
title and the abstract
(http://www.scichina.com/kz/0105/kz0371.stm ).  The PDF
version of the article does not work for me either. One of
the authors appears to be Zhou Zhonghe based on the email
address.  The cover of the issue can be seen at
http://www.scichina.com/kz/0105/kzfm05.stm and shows
Yanornis.
 I'll post a quick translation of the text explaining the
cover --it appears to be another enantiornithine.  Let's
hope the English translation of the abstract and paper is
posted soon to clear up the name(s) of the author(s) at
least. Anybody have more info?

Repenomamus
The original description of the Liaoning mammal
Repenomamus appeared in the first-half-of-December 2000
issue of Kexue Tongbao (another case of a major date
discrepancy between the original Chinese publication and
the English-language version). In theory the PDF version
of the Chinese article should be available at
http://www.scichina.com/kz/0023/kz2545.pdf
The file opens but I keep getting weird error messages and
can't read it.
The ref should be corrected to make the official
publication date 2000:

Li, J., Wang, Y., Wang, Y., & Li, C. 2000. A new family of
primitive mammal from the Mesozoic of western Liaoning,
China. Kexue Tongbao 45(23): 2545-2549 (2000)/Chinese
Science Bulletin 46(9): 782-785 (2001).

Chinese Paleo Publications
The following website can be used to order various Chinese
publications about paleontology directly from China:
http://www.hceis.com/product/index/paleontology.htm

Note that Hou's 2000 Picture Book of Chinese Fossil Birds
can be ordered here too, though the price is pretty steep.
This book is the less technical follow-up to his out-of-
print Mesozoic Birds of China (published in Taiwan in
1997):
http://www.hceis.com/product/index/paleontology/picture%
20book%20of%20chinese%20fossil%20birds.htm