Yanornis NOT an enantiornithine!

From: Ben Creisler bh480@scn.org

In my initial posting I guessed that Yanornis might be an
enantiornithine (most of the recently announced fossil
birds from China have been enantiornithines). However,
after I got the Chinese character display problem solved
for the caption (but not yet for the title, author and
abstract), I was able to translate some key passages. The
photo does indeed seem to be of Yanornis (called "Yan
bird" in the Chinese text), and it is NOT an
enantiornithine! Here's a very rough rendering on one
sentence:
"Yan bird [Yanornis] is a  Liaoxi Early Cretaceous newly
discovered ..nearly complete fossilized bird, belonging to
the modern bird division."
Translating this stuff accurately is time-consuming but
I'll have more results soon.
http://www.scichina.com/kz/0105/kzfm05.stm

I'm still trying to get my browser to display the Chinese
character interface for the Kexue Tongbao webpage so I can
read the abstract. I got some advice from our friend at
Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette that I will pass on for
activating the traditional Chinese character set in
Internet Explorer (I'm still having problems):

"On IE 5 one can do this by selecting:

VIEW
ENCODING
CHINESE TRADITIONAL (BIG 5)

For some reason the AUTO SELECT setting does not work
properly."