RE: Bruhathkayosaurus

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of Ken
Kinman
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 8:42 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Bruhathkayosaurus

Dear All,
     The name Bruhathkayosaurus didn't ring a bell, so had to look it up.
If it was a dinosaur, it was apparently a sauropod, not a huge theropod as
originally thought.
      However, Mike's dinosauricon has a rather odd remark about it, IIRC:
"if it is, indeed, animalian".  I assume there is some rather peculiar story
surrounding this fossil or perhaps rumours about what it really is.
      If it isn't "animalian", what could it possibly be?  Perhaps pieces of
petrified wood that just happen to look just like dinosaurian limb elements?
  Or perhaps a hoax, like the supposed marine onychophoran worms from the
Bay of Bengal?  I wonder if there is a dinosaurological Paul Harvey who
could tell us "the rest of the story"?  :-)
                      ------Ken

I talked to Sankar Chatterjee about this a few years ago. He said that it IS
a dinosaur, a titanosaur. It is NOT a log.

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074