Re: Lemurs and Feathers

In a message dated 6/19/01 2:18:14 PM, david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:
<< I haven't seen the Aye-Aye theropod, so maybe I better stay quiet before
BCF people become angry... >>

Don't worry David, people on this list only ACT like they're angry sometimes.
Actually, we're all having fun, right?

Hang in there regarding brooding. Maybe it's because you are one of the few
who have read our article (in preprint) that you understand why
brooding-to-flight is so simple and such a small step, no miracles needed.
The fossil evidence remains strong that CURSORIAL theropods evolved
increasingly birdlike forelimbs in the absence of flight. Regardless of
whether the aye-aye dino had climbing rather than cursorial rear extremities,
the mass of data will continue to support a running-to-flying conversion.
Ostrom will continue to have it right, despite the nay saying. Brooding, of
course, is simply our teleological explanation of WHY the forelimb bones and
integument made the progressive changes they did, in the absence of flight.
So far, ALL THE DATA are consistent with brooding.

Thomas P. Hopp
Author of DINOSAUR WARS, a science fiction novel published by iUniverse
Now Humans are the Endangered Species!  http://members.aol.com/dinosaurwars