From: "T. Mike Keesey" <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
Subject: Re: Feather origin hypothesis (for predator evasion??)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:53:11 -0400 (EDT)

I have to give HP* Kinman credit for imagination, but it doesn't seem
likely as an explanation for the origin of feathers, for reasons HP
Marjanovic gave. However, it certainly does sound to me like a possible
function of tail fans. Do any extant critters with tail fans use them in
this manner, though?

* Who started all this "HP" stuff, anyway?
T. MICHAEL KEESEY
     AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
      ICQ                     <77314901>
       Yahoo! Messenger        <Mighty Odinn>