Re: dinosaurs coronoids

David Marjanovic wrote-

>Dromaeosaurus has both, birds, oviraptorosaurs and others have lost number II. However, >AFAIK not much is published on these bones, apparently they have been of little interest so >far.

Theropods with a supradentary/intercoronoid-
Ceratosaurus, Monolophosaurus, Sinraptor, Allosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Tyrannosauridae, Scipionyx, Bagaraatan, Dromaeosaurus, Velociraptor

Theropods for which no supradentary is preserved in otherwise complete specimens-
Ornithomimidae, Therizinosauridae, Chirostenotes, Archaeopteryx, Ornithurae

Theropods with a coronoid-
Dilophosaurus, Carnotaurus, Monolophosaurus, Sinraptor, Allosaurus, Tyrannosauridae, Caudipteryx?, Oviraptoridae, Dromaeosaurus, Velociraptor, Bambiraptor

Theropods supposedly lacking a coronoid-
Ornithomimidae, Therizinosauridae, Chirostenotes, Shuvuuia, Troodontidae, Archaeopteryx, Gobipteryx, Ornithurae

Now I mainly study theropods, but I've found some information on other dinosaurs, although it is a bit confusing.  Plateosaurus has a coronoid with a long anterior process that may be a fused supradentary.  Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum has a supradentary and a coronoid.  Russell and Zheng (1993) state Brachiosaurus also has a coronoid, although Diplodocus and Nemegtosaurus lack one.  Upchurch (1999) reports Nemegtosaurus and Diplodocus lack intercoronoids, but that they are present in Camarasaurus and Brachiosaurus.  So I'm rather confused about exactly which is present in neosauropods.  Antarctosaurus is supposed to have an intercoronoid as well.  Lesothosaurus has a long element that starts in the place the coronoid should be and extends to the symphysis.  I think it may be a fused coronoid-supradentary.  Sereno (1991) reports Scelidosaurus and Lycorhinus have similar coronoids(?).  Both Huayangosaurus and Stegosaurus have coronoids.  Post-Minmi ankylosaurs are completely fused, making it difficult to tell which elements are present.  Hypsilophodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Iguanodon and Stegoceras have coronoids.  Chaoyangsaurus and Psittacosaurus lack coronoids however.  Protoceratops and Montanaceratops have both coronoids and supradentaries.

Mickey Mortimer