Re: Discovery Channel's "Beasts in Your Back Yard"

I think that because we know that relevant dinosaur fossils are not found
everywhere in the US, the Discovery Channel took some liberties in
generalizing the dinosaur distribution database in order to make it
relevant to  everyone.  I doubt many people would be impressed if a "no
significant material" message popped up instead of a name.  I live in
Chicago and they said Hadrosaurus lived around here, though I know very
few (if any) Cretaceous terrestrial rocks outcrop in Chicago.  We're a
Paleozoic town.

Chris